Last Updated on
A flip waffle maker is a type of a waffle maker that allows one to flip back, rotate or perform other functions intended to spread waffle butter more evenly among the grids. The act of flipping waffles is achieved by raising the flip waffle maker off the counter, twisting the handle of the waffle maker resulting in a 180 degrees flip.
Things to Consider When Buying a Rotating/Flip Waffle Maker
- The ease of cleaning
One should choose a waffle maker with a non-stick surface as it reduces the amount of oil used, the hassle when taking waffles out of the waffle iron thereby making it easier to keep your waffle maker clean.
- The type of waffles
There are different types of waffles ranging from fluffy Belgian waffles to thin and crispy traditional waffles or cute shapes for kids. There are waffle makers designed to cook any style of waffles one desires, and these are the most convenient waffle makers.
- The number of waffles
When buying a waffle maker, a person needs to evaluate the number of people they will be making these waffles for and the amount of time that will be taken. This will assist one in choosing the most favorable waffle maker.
- The ease of storage
One should choose the model that easily fits their storage space and needs.
- Indicator lights and sounds
One should choose a waffle maker with an audible or visual indicator that alerts when the waffle maker is preheated enough or the waffles are ready.
One should choose a waffle maker that meets their suits their speed requirement.
- Adjustable and even browning
One should choose a model with easy to read, precise and easy to use adjustments to customize the browning of each batch.
Best Flip Waffle Makers
The Cuisinart Belgian waffle maker
This waffle maker bakes tasty, deep-pocketed waffles in minutes.
- It has a browning control knob which ensures that waffles are perfectly cooked, that is, from light and fluffy to crisp and brown.
- It has non-stick coated waffle grids which make cleaning easier thus reducing messes.
- It has LED lights and audio beep tones which act as indicators that the Unit is ready to complete or when a waffle is done.
- It has an easy to handle rotary feature which ensures even baking on both sides of the waffle that is top and bottom.
- The non-stick cooking surface ensures that the waffle lifts off quickly and the grids are easy to clean.
- The browning control knob ensures that each waffle is cooked uniformly.
- It has a loud beeping signal which acts as an indicator that the waffles are done cooking thereby minimizing the risk of burning.
- It is easy to insert or remove plates as one only requires pushing a button on the side.
- It is not possible to cook waffles and pancakes at the same time.
- It lacks an auto-shutoff feature hence one must be ready to turn off the machine themselves.
- It lacks a drip tray to catch any excess batter, therefore, one must be keen to follow instructions when pouring batter.
- It lacks an off button so a person will have to plug out the outlet to turn the appliance off.
Bella classic rotating non-stick Belgian waffle maker
This is a piece of streamlined equipment that rotates to cook uniformly and allows one to alter cooking time for each waffle.
- It has a control knob which ensures the waffles produced have uniform crispness.
- It has a non-stick surface which makes it easy to remove waffles and clean-up hence minimizing messes left on the plates.
- It has an auto-lock and non-slip feet prevent spills. This auto-lock mechanism supports the waffle maker ensuring that it remains in an upright position while one is pouring in the batter and locks closed while it rotates preventing spillage.
- It has handled folds for compact storage. This makes it conducive to store the rotating waffle maker until the next time one desires some homemade waffles.
- It alerts you with a light when the iron waffle is preheated and when baking is complete.
- It comes with clear instructions and three recipes for making waffles.
- This appliance makes four waffles at a time making it quicker and easier to cook waffles for many people.
- The removable drip tray catches all the waffle batter drips making it easy to wash.
- It folds up easily for storage purposes.
- The top and sides of iron become too hot to touch while baking.
Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian waffle maker
This waffle maker bakes golden brown, fluffy brown waffles and provides complete flipping control so one can make scrumptious waffles right at homes.
- It has an advanced heating technology which ensures uniform baking and browning.
- It has a non-stick surface which makes it easy to clean.
- The brushed stainless-steel outermost housing surface ensures that the product lasts for a long time.
- It has ON and READY lights which indicate when power is on and the appropriate time to add batter.
- The browning control knob helps one to adjust the heat thereby controlling how the waffles turn out.
- The appliance is cheaper compared to other waffle makers.
- The compact design minimizes the storage space taken by this appliance. This appliance can be stored in an upright position or tucked away into a corner on the countertop.
- The ON and READY lights located at the top assists one in knowing when the waffle maker is on and then alerts you when it is ready to add your batter.
- It has a slow cooking time which makes it difficult when one intends to make a lot of waffles over a short period.
Gourmia stainless-steel Belgian waffle maker
This waffle maker enables one to flip out golden, fluffy crispy waffles at a fast speed.
- It has LCD power or ready lights which make it easier for monitoring.
- It has non-stick cooking plates and removable drip tray which eases cleaning and prevents spillage while cooking.
- It has color control which allows one to adjust the level of browning with just a simple temperature dial.
- It rotates to 180 degrees which ensures that there is even distribution of batter and golden cooking consistency.
- It has a sleek, brushed, stainless-steel design that ensures durability.
- The non-stick cooking plate ensures that the waffle won’t stick to the surface.
- The adjustable controls allow one to prepare the waffles in any color and crispiness.
- The LCD ensures user-friendly operation.
- The instructions lack clarity.
- Some customers have had an issue with the timer when flipping the handle.
BLACK+DECKER Double waffle maker
This equipment allows one to make two waffles at the same time.
- It has dual cooking plates. These are two sets of double-sided waffle plates that allow one to cook two waffles at the same time.
- It has cool-touch handles that keep the heat at a safe distance when one is rotating and opening the waffle plates.
- It has extra-deep grids which are non-stick grids and provides space for one to add their favorite toppings to the waffle.
- It has a special rotate and cook system which lets gravity perform the work of turning out excellent, airy waffles.
- It is a versatile appliance meaning that it can be used in different ways. For example, as a grill, griddle, and waffle maker.
- The stainless steel ensures that the appliance is durable.
- The grease channels drain excess oil supporting healthy eating.
- It can bake two waffles at a time.
- The appliance is a little bit expensive.
- It has a slow cooking time which makes it inconvenient when it wants to make a lot of waffles over a short time.
Presto flipside Belgian waffle maker
This is a Belgian waffle maker with a rotating design that allows convenient rotation for even baking.
- It has a countdown timer with a digital display which indicates when the baking time is up thereby one avoids the risk of burning the batter.
- The non-stick interior makes it easy to clean.
- It has a dual function base which enables one to flip the plates to enhance even cooking on both sides of the waffle. This base also makes it simple for the iron to remain in an upright position and lock into place for storage.
- It has a rapid cooking time. This appliance turns batter into waffles in a couple of minutes making it faster than other waffle making appliances.
- It has easy vertical storage due to the unique dual-function base.
- The non-stick plates make it easier for cleaning purposes.
- The countdown timer keeps one updated on the amount of time remaining until the waffle is done and ready to be eaten.
- The appliance comes at a reasonable and affordable price.
- It allows one to prepare a variety of recipes with it.
- The appliance has a bulky design.
- Some users of the appliance complain that it is difficult to clean.